Use the Leech Protection
interface to set a maximum number of logins that can occur within a
two-hour time limit. This feature can help you manage users who wish to
publicly post their passwords to a restricted area of your site.
(Home >> Security >> Hotlink Protection)
hotlink occurs when someone embeds content from your site in another
site and uses your bandwidth to serve the files. You can use this
interface to prevent this issue.
you disable hotlinks, make certain that you allow hotlinks for any
necessary domains. For example, your website's subdomains and the URL
that you use to access your cPanel account.
- If the URL that you use to access your cPanel account does not appear in the List the URLs to which you wish to allow access list, you may not see embedded images in the HTML Editor in the File Manager interface (Home >> Files >> File Manager).
Enable hotlink protection
To enable hotlink protection, perform the following steps:
- Click Enable.
- To allow specific sites to hotlink to your site, add their URLs to the List the URLs to which you wish to allow access list.
- To block direct access to files of specific types, add those file extensions to the Block direct access for the following extensions list.
- For example, to block all
.jpg images, add
.jpg to the Block direct access for the following extensions list.
- When you block these file types, others cannot hotlink those types of files from your website, regardless of any other settings.
- To allow visitors access to specific content through the URL, select the Allow direct requests option.
- For example, if you enable this option, a visitor could enter
http://www.example.com/folder/example.jpg as a URL to access the
- To redirect requests for certain content, enter the URL to which you want to redirect your visitor in the Redirect the request to the following URL text box.
- Click Submit.
Disable hotlink protection
To disable hotlink protection, click Disable.
Note: When you click Disable, the system deletes the entries in the List the URLs to which you wish to allow access list. We strongly recommend that you save the list locally before you disable hotlink protection.