Imagine the horror if you search for your website in Google and something like below comes out:
the majority of blacklisted websites are in reality legitimate websites
into which hackers have inserted malicious content. Here are some
- Your HTML or PHP code was hacked
- Hacked flash .swf files were added to your website
What is Malware?
It is malicious software
specifically created to gain access or damage a computer without the
knowledge of the owner. Viruses, worms, and Trojan horses are examples
of malicious software that are often grouped together and referred to as
malware. Malware can open access to your personal information, such as
passwords and credit card numbers or alter your search results without
How to fix the issue
Below are some suggestions on how to resolve this issue if it is happening to your website:
1. Scan and remove the malicious content from your site. You can use the Virus Scanner
option in cPanel or contact our support team for help.
2. Scan your PC.
3. Register and verify your site in Google’s free Webmaster Tools
4. Sign into Webmaster Tools and check the Security Issues
section to see details of sample URLs that may be infected.
5. Find the cause of the security issue and fix it. Otherwise, your site is likely to be reinfected.
6. Request a review in the Security Issues section in Webmaster
Tools when your entire site is clean and secure. Once Google determines
your site is fixed, they will remove the malware label.